4900 HEAVY DUTY DEADLATCH
4900 Heavy Duty Deadlatch provides flexible traffic control and easy installation.
Flexibility of traffic control and easy installation is offered by 4900 Series Heavy Duty Deadlatches. A key-controlled bolt hold-back feature allows for two-way traffic for applications which require free entrance at certain times and exit-only at other times. This allows a "locked" entrance to be used as an exit by visitors already in the building. 1-3/4" [44.5 mm] minimum door thickness required. Interchangeable, without stile modification, with any MS1850S deadbolt of same backset and faceplate shape. Also retrofits to existing 4510 and discontinued 4700 Deadlatch preparations.
Turn key or operate handle or paddle to retract spring-loaded latchbolt. To hold bolt retracted, push it in and secure by reverse turn of key. Lock accepts any standard 1" [25.4 mm] length, 1-5/32" [29.4 mm] diameter mortise cylinder with MS® cam such as the 4036 Mortise Cylinder or thumbturn such as the 4066Thumbturn, available separately. Lock accepts cylinder from either or both sides.
- 31/32" [24.6 mm]
- 1-1/8" [28.6mm]
- 1-1/2" 38.1 mm].
- Steel with corrosion-resistant plating. Measures 7/8" x 5-13/16" x depth [22.2mm x 147.6 mm x depth]. Depth varies by backset. Screw-fastened tube spacer brackets allow for cleaner removal when tab mounting.
- While bolt is held fully retracted, a reverse turn of the key retains the bolt, allowing the door to be free swinging.
- Solid brass. Handing is easily reversible without special tools. Measures 5/8" x 1" x 5/8" [15.9 mm x 25.4 mm x 15.9 mm] throw.
- Stainless steel. Deadlocks latch bolt to prevent “loiding” or case-knife entry.
- Measures 1" x 6-7/8" [25.4 mm x 174.6 mm]. Both flat and radius faceplates are supplied. Flat faceplates can also be adjusted in thefield for right or left beveled edge doors.
- Standard strike furnished is 4902 for flat jamb where door closes flush or nearly flush. Specify 4901 for retrofit installations. Also available: radius strike for opposite stile in paired doors and long lip strikes for center-hung doors.
- Individually boxed with strike plate, flat and radius faceplates, and mounting screws. Cylinder, paddle, handle available separately.
- 1-1/4 lbs [0.57 kg].
- Backset, faceplate shape, strike, handing, and finish must be specified when ordering. See 4920AN Heavy Duty Deadlatch (ANSI Size) for wood and hollow metal door applications.
- Available without faceplate or strike plate, select 4913.
- Available in choice of 313 Dark bronze anodized, 335 Black anodized, 628 Clear anodized.
4900 Installation Instructions & Templates