7240 FIRE-RATED ELECTRIC STRIKES
7240 Fire-Rated Electric Strikeswith 4-7/8" [123.8 mm] faceplates are designed for cylindrical locksets with up to 5/8" [15.9 mm] latchbolt projection.
Remote electrical control of hollow metal doors equipped with cylindrical locksets with up to 5/8" [15.9 mm] latchbolt projection (7240) or mortise or cylindrical lockset with up to 3/4" [19.1 mm] latchbolt projection (7270). Electrical actuation unlocks the keeper, releasing the latchbolt so the door may be opened without operating the latch itself. Fire-rated in fail secure mode only
- UL 10C fire rated, 3 hour single door (fail secure only)
- CAN/ULC-S104 fire door conformant
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- 1" x 3-3/8" x 1-5/8" deep [25.4 mm x 85.7 mm x 41.3 mm deep]
- Bolt retaining keeper and strike lip are stainless steel. Strike accepts bolts from a variety of locksets.
- 7240: 5/8" x 1-7/16" x 9/16" deep [15.9 mm x 36.5 mm x 14.3 mm deep]
- Basic strike has lip of proper length for 1-3/4" [44.5 mm] thick door that closes flush with jamb edge.
- Measures 1-1/4" x 4-7/8" [31.8 mm x 123.8 mm]; flat with square corners
- 7240: 5/8" [15.9 mm]
- Individually boxed with mounting screws. Includes mounting clips and adhesive shims for use where welded tabs are omitted.
- 2 lbs [0.91 kg].
- 0.33A at 12 VDC, 1.42A at 12 VAC
- 0.17A at 24 VDC, 0.74A at 24 VAC
- Available in 12, 16, or 24 Volt AC and DC. DC continuous units are silent, AC intermittent units “buzz” on operation.
Fail Safe | Fail Secure
- Assembled for fail-secure (locked when unpowered) operation.
- Available with two Form ‘C’ monitoring switches to indicate when the latchbolt is engaged in the strike and whether the strike jaw is blocked.
- Available with lip extension kit. Specify when ordering if required.
All 3/4" throw latches require 1/8" minimumdoor gap. Horizontal center line of strikemust match line of mortise latchbolt.
Electric Strike Overview Brochure
Installation Instructions & Templates
Electric Strike Selector Guide
UL CERTIFICATION & LISTINGS