Heavy Duty Mortise Locks
40H Series – Features
1. Solid one-piece stainless steel anti-friction latch provides 50% more surfacecontact with strike for superior strength and security. Reversible latch rotates 180 degrees for easy handing change without opening case.
Precision-engineered curve provides enhanced cycle life with reduced wear to the strike.
2. Non-handed cylinder retainer.
3. Armored front completely surrounds latch and deadbolt providing increased lateral strength. Staked assembly design allows the armored front to selfalign with the door bevel during installation.
4. Enhanced case integrity achieved through four case cover screws (one at each corner), plus interlocking armored front and cover design at the latch.
5. Roller bearing hub mechanism provides smooth, wear resistant operation.
6. Locking toggle includes clear indication of “locked” and “unlocked” states. 7. 40H case, cover, and armored front manufactured from 0.095” cold rolled steel for strength and durability.
8. Fusible link.
9. Four position hub toggle design determines whether each hub is always locked, always unlocked, or locked by key for easy handing change without opening case.
10. Lever return spring mechanism located in trim for enhanced protection against lever droop, providing a firm, positive return of the lever to the horizontal position.
11. Self-aligning trim mechanism for fast, easy, and accurate installation.
12. Curved lip strike and strike box assembly provides an aesthetic, non-handed solution to complement field reversible case.
13. Solid machined cylinder rings with wavy washer provides resistance to wrenching of cylinder. Cylinder security screw prevents removal of cylinder without first removing interchangeable core.
14. Visual indicator options show a padlock icon open for unlocked and padlock icon closed and painted red for locked.
15. Non-handed stainless steel auxiliary bolt for ease of changing hand. (not shown)
45H Series –The design and operation of the BEST® mortise lock meets the intent
of the standard for ANSI A117.1 section 404.2.6.
Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association:
45H Series –ANSI A156.13, Series 1000, Grade 1 Operation and Strength, Grade 2 Security. To meet Grade 1 Security, a drill resistant core
(1CD, 1CDP, 1CDF, or 1CDX) must be used with escutcheon trims, and 1EK7K4 high security cylinder must be used with sectional trims.
47H Series – ANSI A156.13, Series 1000, Grade 1 Operational, Strength, and Security
Auxiliary bolt – Stainless steel, non-handed.
Backset – 2-3/4"
Case –0.095” cold rolled steel, 5- 7/8" H x 7/8" D x 4-1/16" W. Steel is zinc dichromate plated for corrosion protection.
Deadbolt – Stainless steel, 1" throw.
Latchbolt –Solid stainless steel, 3/4" throw. Latch is oil-impregnated for anti-friction operation. Reversible without opening case.
Strike – For complete strike package spec’s see page 5.
Door Thickness – Standard lock configuration designed for doors 1-3/4" thick. Thick door configuration available for doors up to
5" thick (specify thickness when ordering).
Faceplate –Stainless steel, brass or bronze material, 8" H x 1-1/4" W x 1/16" T. Lock face automatically adjusts to proper bevel during
Products protected by one or more of the following patents: 4,873,853 5,590,555 5,794,472
• 605 - bright brass, clear coated
• 606 – satin brass, clear coated
• 611 – bright bronze, clear coated
• 612 – satin bronze, clear coated
• 613* – oxidized satin bronze, oil rubbed
• 618 – bright nickel plated, clear coated (brass base material)
• 619 – satin nickel plated, clear coated (brass base material)
• 622 – flat black coated (brass base material) 625 – brightchromium plated (brass base material)
• 626 – satin chromium plated (brass base material)
• 629 – bright stainless steel
• 630 – satin stainless steel
• 690* – dark bronze coated (brass base material)
*613 finish is designed to wear over time, providing an “antique” appearance.
*690 finish will continue as a dark brown appearance over time.
Antimicrobial Finish –
• 626AM – satin chrome plated with UltraShield™ antimicrobial protected coating
• 630AM – satin stainless steel with UltraShield™ antimicrobial protected coating
The BEST UltraShield finish inhibits the growth of bacteria and other microbes on the surface of the hardware.
NOTE: BEST UltraShieldTM option is recommended for use on any hardware application where product cleanliness is a high priority. i.e;.
Hospital/Healthcare, Elderly Care, Education, Transportation, Food-Service, Hospitality.