BEST 9KZ Keypad EZ Cylindrical Locks
- Heavy-duty mechanical platform designed and manufactured for the toughest applications
- The key override feature allows for mechanical access.
- New passage toggle button allows you to lock the door down from the inside in case of emergency
- Available in common finishes and trims to match BEST’s 9K cylindrical series and 40H mortise series.
- Available in cylindrical, mortise, and exit device trim platforms to meet most common applications.
- 12 position keypad design with audible and visual feedback
- Optional 8-cell battery holder for longer life, or standard 4-cell battery holder, each with AA alkaline batteries that are easily changed.
- Up to 4-year battery life
- Replacement parts available
- Weather-resistant for versatile applications, including doors exposed to inclement weather
- Remote unlock standard
- Variable PIN length from 3-8 digits
- Up to 1000 PIN codes allows for more users
- Authorized passage mode privilege allows users to unlock device for extended periods of time as well as set duration of mode privilege for users
- Authorized users can utilize deadbolt override to gain access even when a mortise deadbolt is thrown
- Provides 1 Administrator PIN and 5 Supervisor PINs to allow easy management of increased users
- Simple schedules through daily passage mode
- Service codes with auto deactivation available
AL – Abrasive available strip on lever to immediately identify warnings on doors to hazardous areas for the blind.
8CE – 8 cell battery holder with AA alkaline batteries included for extended operating life.
LM – The Lost Motion feature allows the lever handle to turn freely when it is locked without retracting the latchbolt assembly. This feature makes over-torque abuse more difficult to achieve. Note: Available in 9K cylindrical only.
Non-IC – The 9KZ may be adapted to existing keying systems by using a special retrofit lever and throw member that will accept 6-pin single shear-line cylinders from the following manufacturers: Corbin-Russwin, Medeco, Sargent, Schlage, Yale. Note: Cylinder not supplied.
P2 – Phillips head provided for all exposed screws. (Security head provided standard)
Thick Door – Specify thickness if other than 1-3/4".
TL – Tactile levers may be used in areas where improved grip is required or as a warning in hazardous or Safety First areas. Grooves are machined into the back of the hand grasp portion of the lever to improve grip and/or provide a sensory warning. This option can be used for blind, safety, or accessibility applications .
KG – Passage toggle mode (Cylindrical & Mortise only)
Materials –Internal parts are brass, zinc or corrosion-treated steel.
Chassis –2-1/16" diameter to fit 2-1/8" diameter hole in door.
Strike –S3 Brass or bronze: 4-7/8" H x 1-1/4" W x 3/32" D. ANSI A115.1. STK Brass or bronze: 2-3/4" x 1-1/8" x 3/32". Fits standard door frame cut out as specified in ANSI A115.3
Backset –2-3/4" standard; 3-3/4" , 5" available
Door thickness –For doors 1-3/4" - 2-1/4" thick.
Installation –Lock dimensions requires modified door prep ANSI A156.2 Series 4000, Grade 1 to mount housing.
Latchbolt –9/16" throw (3/4" throw optional).
Escutcheon – Dimensions: 10-1/2" H x 3-5/16" W x 1" D sloping down to 3/4"
Lever –Made from high-quality zinc alloy. Body is approximately 1-5/8" in diameter. Handle is approximately 4-3/4" in length (from center-line of chassis). (#14 and #15 conform to California Titles 19 and 24.)
Certification –UL listed For GYQS Electrically controlled single point locks or latches for use on 3 hour A label doors. The listing applies for both U.S. and Canadian applications.
- 605 - bright brass, clear coated
- 612 - satin bronze, clear coated
- 625 - bright chromium plated (brass base material)
- 606 - satin brass, clear coated
- 611 - bright bronze, clear coated
- 613* - oxidized satin bronze, oil rubbed
- 619 - satin nickel plated
- 626 - satin chromium plated (brass base material)
- 626AM (antimicrobial available)
- 690* *- dark bronze coated (brass base material)
* 613 finish is designed to wear over time, providing an “antique” appearance.
** 690 finish will continue as a dark brown appearance over time.
Primary power –4 AA batteries (standard). 8 AA batteries for longer life, or 4 cell shrink wrapped battery pack (optional) * Two phase battery warning system is given via audible and visual responses reducing the potential for complete power loss.
Memory backup –Maintains programming indefinitely
Relative humidity – 10% to 90% non-condensing.
Shock –2000 Gs RMS (maximum door-slam shock).
Compliance –Compliance to FCC, Canadian, and European EMC requirements; for interference FCC Class A digital apparatus
Bezel size – 2-5/8" W x 3-3/8" H
Material –Bezel–High impact ABS, Keypad–Encapsulated elastomer
ESD Protection –15KV
Button operating life – 3-5 million cycles
Button operating force –3.88 ounces
Sealing – Weatherproof lens and gasket provides protection for outdoor use (Usable in most environmental/exterior applications)