Medeco Key-in-Knob cylinders are designed to retrofit knob type cylindrical locksets, lever type cylindrical locksets, padlocks and bored type auxiliary deadlatches and deadlocks. High Security Key-in-Knob/Lever cylinders are UL437 listed for drill and pick resistance, and the those that incorporate the Medeco 4 (M4) design, offer utility patented key control.
Medeco Key-in-Knob cylinders can be ordered with a variety of different cylinder technologies, including the features below for Medeco 4 (M4).
- M4 cylinders are UL 437 Listed with solid brass construction and hardened-steel inserts to thwart drilling attacks.
- In addition to top pins that lift and rotate, M4's design includes 4 Side Pins made up of 3 Finger Pins and 1 Lift Pin. which is activated by contact with the Shuttle Pin movable element in the key, providing a high level of pick resistance.
- The Finger Pins work with Secondary Side cuts on the key to provide increased security and greater potential combinations
- The Shuttle Pin moveable element in the key protects against 3D printing
- Utility patented key control provides protection against the unauthorized duplication of keys
- Angled cuts on the keys, along with fore and aft positioning, provide added dimensions that dramatically increases key combinations and enables Medeco to produce some of the largest master key systems in the industry
- Hardened steel inserts, positioned in critical areas of the cylinder, provide a high degree of drill resistance
- Solid brass construction provides high quality and long cylinder life
- Set screw pin chamber caps allow quick and easy pinning and re-keying without the need to take the cylinder apart
- Large variety of manufacturer cylinder style formats provide excellent retrofit capability and reduce the need to replace the entire locking device
Over 100 different cylinder designs and tailpiece configurations enable Medeco to offer the largest retrofit capability in the industry. More retrofit cylinders means fewer replacements of the complete lockset
- 05 - Bright Brass
- 06 - Satin Brass
- 09 - Antique Brass
- 10 - Satin Brass Blackened
- 11 - Bright Bronze
- 12 - Satin Bronze
- 13 - Oil Rubbed Bronze
- 18 - Bright Nickel
- 19 - Satin Nickel
- 20 - Antique Nickel
- 22 - Black
- 24 - Dark Bronze
- 25 - Bright Chrome
- 26 - Satin Chrome