Norton 6000 Series Low Energy Power Operators
The 6000 Series low energy operator is a heavy-duty unit designed for rigorous, high-use applications. Built-in intelligence enables the operator to safeguard users while providing better door control. Simple installation and adjustment features combined with the unit’s high level of versatility allows for seamless integration with a multitude of facilities and systems.
Door Controls (interior)(exterior) swinging door(s) shall be of rack and pinion design contained within a precision cast aluminum housing.Door closing force shall be adjustable to ensure adequate closing control. Door closing speed shall be controlled by independent hydraulicadjustment valves in the sweep and latch range of the closing cycle. Door Operator shall provide conventional door closer opening andclosing forces unless the power operator motor is activated. Door Operator opening force and speed shall be adjustable in the inverter/interface module's LCD screen to ensure adequate opening control per accessibility codes. Door Operator shall have an adjustablehydraulic back-check valve to cushion the door speed if opened violently. Door Operator shall utilize the inverter/interface module's LCDscreen and joystick to establish door closes and open positions. [(Door Operator shall be AUTOMATICALLY ACTIVATED by either a slightpush or pull in the direction of opening swing – Push and Go.) (Door Operator shall be SELECTIVELY ACTIVATED by external initiatingdevice, i.e. wall switch, etc.) (Door Operator shall be both AUTOMATICALLY ACTIVATED and SELECTIVELY ACTIVATED.)] Unit shallinclude "E-saver" feature to automatically recognize abled body traffic and immediately trigger door to close after sensing no forces ondoor. Unit shall have delay for motor activation, electric lock interfacing, and hold open time. Units shall have SPDT relay for interfacinglatch retraction exit devices or similar products and have 24VDC @ 1.3A output for connection of electric strike, lock, radio frequencyreceiver, etc. Units shall have Vestibule sequencing input for operation of two or more units. Unit shall have smoke ventilation inputs topower open doors when activated by fire or smoke alarm. Unit shall have a three-position Selector Mode Switch that will permit the unit tobe switched “ON” to monitor for function inputs, switched to “H/O” for indefinite hold open function or switched “OFF” which will disablefunction inputs allowing unit to be used as a manual door closer. Unit shall be ETL tested to UL standards for automatic closing door. TheUnit shall be adjustable to provide compliance with the requirements of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). Unit shall be certified byBHMA to meet ANSI A117.1 and A156.19 requirements. Unit shall meet UL, cUL, UL10C and UL10B standards.
2 year limited warranty.
Additional Specifications for Functions
For Power Operator Function:When activated, the unit shall, by means of a motor, chain and closer, power open the door at both a speed and force that are adjustableto accessibility codes. The door shall be powered from a door closed position to a full door open position and remain in momentary holdopen for 5 seconds minimum (adjustable 0 to 30 seconds in 1 second increments). [(Unit shall power open door to full open position up to110°.) (Unit shall be capable of opening door manually from 110° – 180°.)] Once unit reaches full hold open position, if reinitiated, unit’smomentary hold open time shall restart from the maximum set time. If unit is initiated during the closing cycle, unit shall revert to openingcycle beginning at that door position. Unit shall have a toggled hold open input that upon first initiation will power door to a maintainedhold open position; a second initiation will allow door to close. Unit shall have obstruction detection on closing, which will reverse theclosing door to the full open position then re-attempt to close door after momentary hold open time has elapsed. Obstruction detection onopening shall shut motor off, allowing door to close under spring force. These obstruction detection features shall be integral to unit. Duringclosing cycle, the unit shall close door under full spring power not to exceed a closing force of 15 lbf.
- Push or pull side mounting
- 1.3A onboard power supply
- Activated by push button, hands-free, and RF devices
- Infinite hold open
- Maximum door size 4'0" x 8'0", 250 lbs.
- Modular design allows for one-person installation
- Full cover option on double/pair of doors
- Operates as a mechanical surface closer when power is off
- On board electronics collect usage and cycle count data to facilitate preventative maintenance/diagnostics
- 2 year limited warranty
- Push and Go selector– As the door is manually opened, the operator "senses" movement and opens door to the full-open position
- Open/Close obstruction detection: Open- Door closes if it hits an obstruction while opening; Close- Door re-opens (once) if it hits an obstruction while closing. If the door hits the obstruction again, the door will rest against the obstruction until it is removed.
- Motor startup delay adjustment: Delays operator opening
- Vestibule delay adjustment
- Hold open delay adjustment
- Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT) relay output: SPDT relay output time adjustment; SPDT alarm output
- Blow open for smoke ventilation
- Presence detector input
- Selector mode switch: Off - Disables signal inputs except blow open; On - Activates signal inputs; Infinite Hold Open - Door will hold open at set position until power is turned off
Simple to Install & Maintain
- Modular design and interlocking backplate for easy one-person installation for single and double doors
- LCD screen and joystick controller simplifies setup
- Wiring harness positioned for easy access with screwdriver
Versatile Configuration & Integration
- Large onboard power supply for multiple system peripherals
- Configurable to meet virtually any site, activation or system integration requirements
- Interfaces with electric hardware and integrates with access control
- Complies with smoke evacuation "blow-open" requirements
- Uses 7500 Series heavy duty, Grade 1 door closer for smooth, reliable operation
- Heavy duty chain and aluminum backplate withstandrigorous applications
- Heavy duty arms available for deep reveal application
- Government Buildings
- Convention Centers
- Hospitals: Examination rooms, Main entrance doors
- Colleges or Universities; Entrance Doors, Gymnasium Doors, Common Areas, Dormitory Entrances
- Power Input: 120VAC, 60Hz (+10%, -15%)
- Current Draw: 0.9A (single); 1.8A (double)
- Auxiliary Output: 24VDC @ 1.3A
- SPDT relay output for controlling electricstrikes or electric locks not to exceed 1amp @ 30 VDC