The premium lock for quality, performance, and security.
Building on BEST’s legacy of innovation, the 9K series cylindrical lock combines top-quality materials and exceptional craftsmanship into a tough, dependable, long-lasting security solution. We designed the 9K series to be low maintenance, easy to install, durable, and secure. And our range of available styles and finishes ensures that the 9K delivers design aesthetics to match a wide variety of applications.
- For versatile applications, lever by knob trim variations are available.
- Rose locking pin and rose assembly design offers great torque resistance. It prevents the locking pin from twisting, bending, or breaking under attack.
- The innovative design of the slotted key release cam and locking lug assembly create maximum attack resistance. Even though damaged, the lock still allows key access. In addition, the lever is fully functional from the inside. The hub-mounted torsion spring and strong retractor springs help prevent lever sag and offer a smooth and snappy operation.
- Strong through-bolt mounting studs increase torque resistance. Heavy rose liner material is highly attack resistant.
- Strong retractor springs provide resistance to lever sag.
- Zinc hubs with a shrouded locking lug, guaranteeing higher quality and increased torque resistance.
- The outside lever sleeve is a seamless one piece construction made of a hardened steel alloy that provides additional reinforcement in
the locking lug slot.
- Lost Motion feature available allowing 45º lever rotation in either direction without engaging retractor assembly.
- Interchangeable core allows for quick re-keying and customized masterkeying.
ADA–Americans With Disabilities Act: 9K series – The design and operation of the BEST® cylindrical lock meets the intent of the
standard for ANSI A117.1 section 404.2.6
Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association: 9K series – Listed by BHMA for A156.2, Series 4000, Grade 1.
Underwriters Laboratories®: 9K series – Listed by Underwriters Laboratories for use on 3 Hr, A label for single or double swinging doors.
Florida Building Code and Miami-Dade County Code: 9K series – 9/16” latch throw – Listed by Florida Building Code and MiamiDade County at ± 75 PSF for single doors. 9K series – 3/4” latch throw – Listed by Florida Building Code and Miami Dade County at ± 80 PSF for single doors and ± 50 PSF for double doors. “WS” option must be ordered for the lock to include a “Miami-Dade County Product Control Approved” label for inspection purposes.
California State Fire Marshal: 9K series – Listed with California State Fire Marshal. 9K series 14 & 15 lever conforms with California Title 24.
Backset – 2 3/4” standard, 3 3/4” and 5” available.
Chassis – Critical latch and chassis components are brass or corrosion-treated steel. 2 1/16” diameter to fit 2 1/8” hole in door (Conforms to ANSI A115.2). Lost Motion feature available as an option.
Door thickness – Available for 1 3/4” to 2 1/4” doors only. Spacers available for 1 3/8” doors.
Roses – C – 3” Convex, D – 3 1/2” Convex, K – 3” Convex-no ring, L – 3 1/2” Convex-no ring
Products protected by one or more of the following patents – 5,590,555 5,794,472 Other products patent pending.
- 605 (US3) bright brass
- 606 (US4) satin brass
- 611 (US9) bright bronze
- 612 (US10) satin bronze
- 613 (US10B) oxidized satin bronze, oil rubbed
- 618 (US14) bright nickel plated
- 619 (US15) satin nickel plated
- 622 (US19) flat black
- 625 (US26) bright chromium plated
- 626 (US26D) satin chromium plated
- 690 dark bronze
- 626AM - satin chrome plated with UltraShield™ antimicrobial protected coating. The BEST UltraShield™ finish inhibits the growth of bacteria and other microbes on the surface of the hardware.
NOTE: BEST's UltraShield™ option is recommended for use on any hardware application where product cleanliness is a high priority. i.e;. Hospital/Healthcare, ElderlyCare, Education, Transportation, Food-Service, Hospitality.
Latch – Solid brass 9/16” throw. Front 2 1/4” x 1 1/8” beveled.
Lever handles – Lever handles are a high-quality zinc alloy. Trim components are brass or bronze. Body is approximately 5/8” in diameter; Handle is approximately 4 3/4” long (from center-line of chassis). #14 and #15 levers conform to California Administrative Code Title 19 and Title 24. All three styles of levers conform to the Illinois Accessibility Standard.
Mounting – In addition to standard door preparation (ANSI A115.2 for 1 3/4” doors), two additional holes are needed for through-bolts. Through-bolts require two 5/16” diameter holes located at 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock positions. A drill jig can be ordered to insure accuracy of the holes. (see KD303 page 5).
Projection on door – Approx. 2 3/4” when mounted on 1 3/4” door.
Strike – STK: Conforms to ANSI A115.2 (2 3/4” x 1 1/8” with curved lip & box). S3; Conforms to ANSI A115.2 for 1 3/4” doors (4 7/8” x 1 1/4” with curved lip). S3-7/8; Conforms to ANSI A115.2 for 1 /4” doors (4 7/8” x 1 7/8” flat)
RESOURCES & DOWNLOADS
9K Series Product Page
9K Series Sell Sheet
9K Series Intruder Function Sell Sheet
9K Series FAQs
9K Series Catalog
9K Cylindrical Adaptations Sell Sheet
9K Series Service Manual
9K Series Cylindrical Adaptations Catalog
9K Series Antimicrobial Protected Door Hardware Brochure
9K Series Agion® Antimicrobial Finish for Healthier Door Hardware