ALX170 - SINGLE DUMMY TRIM
- No key; rigid plain lever outside; no hardware inside; no latchbolt
- Use as door pull or matching inactive trim
Notes: Not available for in-field function changes.
SCHLAGE ALX SERIES OVERVIEW
The proven AL Series has evolved to ALX
As a Grade 2 lock, the AL Series has always offered a combination of strength and durability alongside Schlage trusted key system options at a price point favorable to any application. Though these qualities remain, the lock has changed. ALX Series' features now deliver flexibility and value beyond strength and security. X Factor qualities, born from modular design, define a lock that exceeds expectations. AL Series' evolution to the ALX Series is a revolution in lock design.
Why modular design is important
The Schlage ALX Series gives you the ability to use it as you would any other lock: ordered and delivered as a complete, configured product ready for installation. However, in its new modular design, ALX Series offers you the flexibility to utilize the separate components of chassis, function and lever packaged kits to create a lock to meet your needs on demand. So whether you are a distributor wanting to offer same day pickup on configured locks in uncommon levers and finishes, a locksmith wanting truck stock solutions that eliminate call backs, or a facility manager wanting to repurpose rooms and change lock functions without the expense of new hardware, ALX Series can work for you.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
The Schlage ALX Series is a grade 2 lock unlike any other. X Factor qualities define a lock designed to exceed expectations:
Exceeds grade 2 strength
- Stainless steel latchbolt
Expanded cylinder support
- Accepts all Schlage plus five competitive cylinder formats
- High security locking when used with Primus XP UL 437 listed cylinders
- One chassis fits all functions and cores to minimize inventory
- Flexible purchase options: buy as factory configured, lock less levers, or as kits for on site
- Accommodates 1 3⁄8" to 1 3⁄4" door thickness with minimal chassis adjustment Grade 1 compression springs
- Captured screws in latch, strike and inside spring cage eliminate small, loose parts
Extreme installation simplicity
- Deep-drawn spindle with 5 points of lever engagement prevents droop and wobble
- Grade 1 compression springs
- Patent pending chassis design allows quick, in-field function set up
- Field reversible Vandlgard® to non-Vandlgard locked lever engagement
Expansive lever offering
- 10 total designs
- Perfectly suited to Schlage ND Series grade 1 locks
View the ALX Series catalog for an in-depth description of all available functions.
- ALX10 ANSI F75 Passage Lock
- ALX40 ANSI F76 Privacy Lock
- ALX44 Hospital Privacy Lock
- ALX170 Single Dummy Trim
- ALX172 Doublle Dummy Trim
- ALX50 ANSI F82 Entrance/Office Lock
- ALX53 ANSI F109 Entrance Lock
- ALX70 ANSI F84 Classroom Lock
- ALX80 ANSI F86 Storeroom Lock
Schlage ALX Series suites perfectly with ND Series grade 1 locks which offer an additional 15 functions plus 4 electrified options.
CERTIFICATIONS & TESTING
View the ALX Series catalog to see all specifications and certifications.
- Tested and certified under ANSI/BHMA A156.2-2011 Series 4000, Grade 2
- UL/cUL listed: All locks 3-hour, A label firedoor 4' x 8' or 4' x 10' single door and 8' x8' pair doors; 90-minute 8' x 10' pair doors with 3/4" grade 1 latch options
- Meets ADA requirements
- Florida Building Code and Miami Dade hurricane requirements compliants
- California Referenced Standards Code: all levers with a return to door of 1/2" (64 mm) or less comply
DESIGNS & FINISHES
View the ALX Series catalog to see all design and finish options.
Depending on design, material options include:
- Ten lever designs
- Two rose designs: both predicated on lever choice
- Ten finish options
NOTE: Contact our Sales Center for Split Finishes and Split Styles. These have extended manufacturer lead times.
DOWNLOADS & RESOURCES
- Schlage ALX Series Catalog
- ALX Series Cut Sheet
- How to Configure Chart
- Schlage Key Systems Cylinders and Keys Catalog
- Schlage Cylinders and Key Blanks Quick Reference Guide