6100 SERIES OVERVIEW
Von Duprin electric strikes are known for their reliability, durability and security. The 6100 Series is designed to withstand abuse. Its heavy-duty stainless steel construction is fully UL1034 and UL10C listed. 6100 Series electric strikes are designed for use with a variety of rim exit devices. They interface with the latch mechanism of the exit device. The movable lip (keeper) allows a door to open even when the latch bolt is extended. This feature, called remote release, provides added benefits such as increased convenience and efficiency. The 6100 Series also provides added security and traffic control.
6100 Series electric strikes can be used for retrofit applications or new construction. To assure the proper selection of an electric strike on new applications, lockset compatibility charts are shown above. When using a lockset not listed or when retrofitting a strike to an existing application, please contact Von Duprin technical support or ZenSupply for application assistance. The power failure mode of the 6100 can be specified at the time of order. Fail-secure is available for fire rated openings. In a fail-secure application, the door is normally locked. To unlock the door, power must be applied. Fail-safe strikes, which are commonly used for life safety applications, are non-fire-rated. To unlock a fail-safe strike, power is removed. The 6100 comes standard 24 VDC; 12 VDC and AC operation are optional.
These heavy-duty strikes include UL 10C fire rated models and are factory configurable for fail safe or fail secure applications. Their stainless steel construction with integrated faceplate and smooth keeper movement help assure durability and reliability. The 6100 Series is compatible with many Von Duprin, Falcon and other manufacturers' exit devices. In addition, they are suitable for retrofit with many Folger Adams models.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- 5 model configurations available for rim exit or night latch devices
- For interior or exterior doors with hollow metal, aluminum, or wood frames
- Factory orderable to exact specifications
- 6 popular finishes available to suite with existing hardware
- 2-piece plug connectors are included for easy installation and removal during strike servicing
- Horizontal adjustability for tight door preps
Strength and durability
- Heavy-duty stainless steel construction
- 70 ft-lbs. dynamic strength
- 1,000,000 cycles endurance tested
- 5-year limited warranty
- UL 294 listed
- UL 1034 listed for burglary-resistant electric door strikes
- Fire rated UL 10C to 3 hours on single doors; 90 minutes on pair doors with manufacturer's mullion (6111, 6112 and 6113 only)
- Single doors with wood, hollow metal or aluminum frames
- Rim exit devices (4 models)
- Rim night latch (6114 only)
- Throw: 3/4"
- 24 VDC standard with 12 VDC and rectifier kit conversion to VAC optional
- 12 VDC continuous duty at 0.6 Amp
- 24 VDC continuous duty at 0.33 Amp
- BHMA 605 / US3 polished brass, clear coated
- BHMA 606 / US4 satin brass, clear coated
- BHMA 612 / US10 satin bronze, clear coated
- BHMA 613 / US10B dark bronze, oil rubbed
- BHMA 629 / US32 bright stainless steel
- BHMA 630 / US32D satin stainless steel
- 12 VAC to 12 VDC rectifier
- 24 VAC to 24 VDC rectifier
- Entry buzzer
- Dual monitor switches
- Allegion Connect wire extension
The 6100 Series models are compatible with Von Duprin and Falcon rim exit devices as well as many other manufacturers' products. Reference data sheet for detailed use recommendations and limitations.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this warranty, Schlage Lock Company LLC (“Schlage”) extends a warranty against defects in material and workmanship to the original user (defined below) of the products manufactured by Schlage (the “Products”) beginning from the date of purchase by the original user. Please see below for specific warranty periods and details:
- Warranty period for Mechanical Components: 60 months from date of placing in operation or 66 months from the date of shipment from Company’s factory.
- Warranty period for Electronic Components: 12 months from date of placing in operation or 18 months from the date of shipment from Company’s factory.
DOWNLOADS & RESOURCES