EX88 INTERLOCKING RIM EXIT DEVICE
The EX88 Interlocking Rim Exit Device is designed for narrow stile aluminum applications that require a life-safety exit device. The EX88 features a unique bolt design that interlocks the door to the frame for enhanced strength and durability.
When the door closes, the bolt guard and interlocking bolt close around the strike. The deadlocking slide springs over, which interlocks the bolt to the strike. When the active pushbar is depressed, the deadlocking slide moves back, which allows the door to open by unlocking from the strike. This unique interlocking bolt design provides unique strength and solid security, and prevents jamb spreading. Exit device capable of opening under 20 lbs preload. Suitable for use on single doors, or with mullion on pairs of doors. Suited for high, medium and low traffic areas on aluminum, hollow metal and wood applications.
- UL 305 Panic Hardware
- ANSI/BHMA A156.3-2014 Grade 1
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Active pushbar and back bar made of extruded aluminum. Matching metal angled end caps.
- Device is non-handed.
- Suits 1-3/4" standard, up to 2-3/4" door thickness. Thick door kit required when used with cylinder in doors over 1-3/4".
- Suitable for use with all door thickness
- May be used with trim on 1-3/4" thick doors, up to 2-1/4" door thickness
- When cylinders are required, select rim cylinder length based upon door thickness.
- Minimum 2" stile. Fits ultra-narrow, narrow, medium and wide stile aluminum doors.
- 2-1/2" when fully projected,1-3/4" when dogged.
- Standard dogging with 3/16” hex key.
- Device mounted using standard type ‘F’ self-tapping screws and machine screws. Hardware is not visible from back when installed. Adhesive templates for mounting included.
- Mounting end cap with 1/4" overlap for cut coverage
Universal Hardware Kit
- Hardeware kit is suitable for aluminum, hollow metal, and wood door applications.
- Strike made of hardened steel. Standard strike suitable for centering doors in 4" jamb. Strike plate adjusts 1/4" horizontally.
- Select any standard 1-5/32" [29.4 mm] diameter rim cylinder such as the 8736 Rim Cylinder. Available separately. Cylinders with MS® cams can be readily obtained from most cylinder manufacturers. See CYLINDERS section for cylinder information.
- Compatible with Adams Rite 3080 Series Entry Trim and 3090 Series Entry Trim. See TRIM section for cylinder information.
- Impact bumpers to reduce noise from the initial device activation
- Return control to dampen the sound and control the device returning to its resting state
- Horizontal and vertical guides decrease the scraping sound of the active push bar on the static back bar
- Individually boxed.
- 10 lbs [4.54 kg]
- Pushbar and back bar available in choice of 313 Dark bronze anodized, 335 Black anodized, 628 Clear anodized. Metallic end caps finished to match exit device.
- Monitor: Dual signal switch (Options are field installable or factory installed)
|Exit Device Length||Standard Door Opening Width||Active Pushbard Length (as measured with end caps)||Back Bar Length|
|Regular (R)||30" – 36" [762 mm – 914.4 mm]||24" [609.6 mm]||32-1/8" [816 mm]|
|Mid-legth (M)||30" – 42" [762 mm – 1,066.8 mm]||24" [609.6 mm]||38-1/8" [968.4 mm]|
|Long (L)||42" – 48" [1,066.8 mm – 1,219.2 mm]||30" [762 mm]||44-1/8" [1120.8 mm]|
*Device may be field cut to fit opening width between standard lengths by cutting the back bar and filler plate
Adams Rite Rim Exit Device & Electric Strikes Solutions Flyer