The 1490/1590 Series narrow stile touch bar exit devices provide safe and reliable egress ideal for 1-3/4” aluminum doors. The 1490 Series concealed vertical rod is designed for double door applications, while the 1590 Series rim device is designed for single door applications. The 1490 Series is certified to ANSI/BHMA A156.3 Grade 1 standards. Both products boast a 10-year limited warranty.
The 1490/1590 Series are electrified to interface with building security systems. They also are suitable for retrofit applications with interior and exterior doors in commercial, multi-family, office and retail installations. For coastal code requirements, the 1490 Series exit devices provide a hurricane-rated door openings with select door manufacturers (consult the door manufacturer for more details). Hardened steel latch bolts and sturdy aluminum push bars enhance toughness. Options include three lengths, four functions and three finishes to cover any building needs.
- Built with steel operating mechanisms for durability
- Hardened steel latch bolts and sturdy aluminum push bars enhance toughness
- Optional hurricane device for the 1490 Series
- Three lengths, four functions and three finishes are available
The 1490/1590 Series are available in various trim solutions. For additional detail on what trim is available on specific models, view the Falcon Medium-Duty Commercial Pushpads catalog.
- Exit only (EO): no trim, exit device only
- Dummy trim (DT) – 9970 pull only
- Cylinder only options:
- Night latch cylinder only (NL-OP): key retracts latch but does not unlock exit device, no pull
- Hold back cylinder only (HB-OP): key retracts latch and holds latch back, no pull
- Pulls with cylinders
- Night latch with pull (NL-P): key retracts latch but does not unlock exit device with pull
- Hold back with pull (HB-P): key retracts latch and holds latch back