The W Series medium-duty cylindrical locks feature two lever styles, two knob styles and two rose diameters to match most commercial door trims. Ideal for low-traffic doorways, the W Series can be used in retail, multi-family, mix-use, government and industrial applications.
The W Series is UL listed and meets ANSI/BHMA A156.2 Series 4000 Grade 2 standards for durability. Interchangeable cores remove for quick and convenient re-keying and are compatible with cores built by other manufacturers. The W Series delivers a quality product at a value price point and is versatile enough to fit various applications.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Grade 2 construction for reliable performance and durability
- Heavy-duty torsion springs to prevent lever sag
- Non-handed design
- Does not require field disassembly for re-handing, allowing for easy installation and maintenance
- Priced to provide value for low-traffic, low-budget doors and projects
- Interchangeable cores are available and remove for quick, convenient re-keying and are compatible with cores built by other manufacturers
- 10-year limited warranty
For more specifications and certifications, view the Falcon Locks Catalog.
- ANSI/BHMA: meets ANSI/BHMA A156.2, Series 4000, Grade 2
- UL: 3-hour A label
DESIGNS & FINISHES
View the Falcon Locks catalog for full design and finish offerings.
- Levers are solid pressure cast zinc finished to match mating parts
- Rose options include standard and small sizes and are wrought brass or bronze installed over steel through-bolted rose inserts
- A spring-loaded retainer secures lever
- A secure side retainer cannot be depressed without a key that operates the lock
- Seven lever options are available, includin: Avalon, Dane, Quantum, Boardwalk, Broadway, Latitude & Longitude
- Avalon, Dane, and Quantum levers are available with an abrasive strip along the length of the lever to identify to the disabled entrances to hazardous areas
- Bright brass (605)
- Satin brass (606)
- Oil-rubbed bronze (613)
- Bright chrome (625)
- Satin chrome (626)
- Satin nickel (619)
- Matte black (622)
- Aged bronze (643e)
ANSI/BHMA: Certified ANSI/BHMA A156.2, Series 4000, Grade 2.
UL: Listed for 3-hour fire door, A label.
Functions: 11 commercial functions available.
Rose size: Standard rose diameter 3 3⁄8". Small rose diameter 2 9⁄16".
Finishes: 8 options available. See page 6 for finish color and comparative chart.
Door thickness: 1 3⁄8" to 1 3⁄4" standard.
Backset: Standard rose - 2 3⁄4" backset; Small rose - 2 3⁄8" backset.
Mechanism: Parts constructed of brass or cold-formed steel, zinc plated and dichromated for rust resistance. Springs are stainless steel.
Attachment: Lock chassis secured to door by two screws which pass through a steel rose insert inside and thread directly into the outer rose-mounting assembly, and two screws that screw into the chassis assembly.
Handing: Locks are non-handed.
Cylinder: Conventional cylinder, drilled with 6-pin chambers, pinned in 5 comes standard. Pinning in 6 chambers available
(at no cost) when specified. Optional 7-pin conventional and 6- or 7-pin Small Format Interchangeable Core (SFIC) cylinders. Cylinder housings and plugs machined from solid brass. Springs are phosphor bronze. Two nickel silver keys furnished standard. See SFIC cylinder information on page 8 and W Series cylinder pages for additional options.
Keyways: “G” keyway standard on conventional cylinders. “A” keyway standard on SFIC cylinders. Additional options: Falcon, Schlage and many Best and Arrow keyways.
Trim: Roses are heavy wrought brass or bronze, installed over steel rose inserts which are through-bolted. Levers are pressure-cast zinc (solid levers-no-inserts) finished to match mating parts.
Latches: 1/2" bolt projection made of stainless steel and UL listed for 3-hour door assemblies. Latches have selfadjusting fronts to accommodate beveled or flat doors. Standard rose: 2 3⁄8" backset with 1" x 2-1⁄4" latch face or 2 3⁄4" backset with 1-1/8" x 2-1⁄4" latch face. Small rose: 2 3⁄4" backset with 1-1⁄8" x 2-1⁄4" latch face.
Strikes: 4-7⁄8" x 1-1⁄4" ANSI strike with curved lip to meet ANSI A115.2 door frame preparation standard. Consult Options and Accessories section for other available strikes, sizes and configurations.
Screws: Furnished with combination screws for use in wood or metal doors and frames.
RESOURCES & DOWNLOADS