4040XP SERIES OVERVIEW
The LCN 4040XP Series door closer is the "Gold Standard" in door closers, tested and certified to 10 million cycles (well above the 2 million cycle test standard for ANSI Grade 1). It's one of the most well-known, frequently purchased, and durable closers on the market today.
It's the choice of demanding buyers who require durability, longevity, and performance over decades in operation.
Invest once – the 4040XP is an exceptional value with low lifecycle cost because of its decades of durability compared to economical alternatives.
In environments like schools, hospitals, business buildings and other commercial settings where safety is of the utmost importance, the LCN 4040XP is a "go to" choice.
It meets ANSI/BHMA A156.4 Grade 1 standards and ADA reduced opening force requirements. This closer is cUL listed and UL listed for self-closing doors without hold-open and boasts a 30-year limited warranty.
The 4040XP Series features include standard non-handed plastic cover, with optional plated finish available for cover, arm and fasteners. Materials include high-strength cast-iron cylinder, forged steel arm, double heat-treated steel pinion and full complement, low friction bearing for rugged reliability in high-traffic installations.
LCN peel-n-stick templates assure quick and accurate installation, and the patented LCN Green Dial takes the guesswork out of spring force adjustments.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Cast iron cylinder with full-complement bearing
- 1-1/2" diameter piston
- Double heat treated pinion journal
Quality and durability
- All-weather Liquid X fluid
- Heat-treated internal pinion for extra durability
- Forged (vs. cast) arms for additional rigidity
- Extensive abuse testing
- 5X the Grade 1 certification (10 million cycle certification vs. 2 million cycle standard)
- 30-year warranty
Installation & Adjustment
- LCN patented Green Dial spring force indicator for easy in-the-field adjustability
- Adjustable spring sizes 1-6
- Universal non-handed
- Peel-n-stick template and snap-on cover
- Non-sized cylinder is adjustable for interior doors to 5'0" and exterior doors to 4'0".
- Meets ADA requirements.
- UL and cUL listed for self-closing doors without hold-open.
- Tested and certified under ANSI/BHMA A156.4 Grade 1 (independently certified up to 10 million cycles).
- 4040XP may be used with all 4040 accessories.
- Non-handed, non-sized, delayed action and accessibility options available.
DESIGNS & FINISHES
- Powder coat finish offered in standard colors and a large selection of optional custom colors.
- Standard plastic cover and optional handed metal cover available.
- Optional plated finish on metal cover, arm and fasteners.
- Optional SRI primer for installations in corrosive conditions available with powder coat only.
The 4040XP Series mounts hinge pull side, push side top jamb and push side parallel arm. Visit the 4040XP Series catalog pages for mounting details, arm options and accessories.
DOWNLOADS & RESOURCES
LCN 4040XP Series CUSH Installation Instructions
LCN 4040XP Series EDA Installation Instructions
LCN CUSH Shoe Support Installation Instructions
LCN 4040XP Series Pull Side Mount Installation Instructions
LCN 4000 Series Metal Template
Choosing the Right Surface Mounted Door Closer
LCN Installation Instructions/Templates Index