7160, 7170 Electric Strikes for Mortise or Cylindrical Locks
7160, 7170 Electric Strikes with 4-7/8" [123.8 mm] faceplates are designed for use with mortise or cylindrical type locksets with up to 3/4" [19.1 mm] latchbolt projection without deadbolt. 7160 Electric Strikes are for use in aluminum applications. 7170 Electric Strikes are for use in hollow metal or wood applications.
Remote electrical control of narrow stile aluminum doors (7160) or hollow metal/wood doors (7170) equipped with a mortise or cylindrical lockset with up to 3/4" [19.1 mm] latchbolt projection without deadbolt. Electrical actuation unlocks the keeper, releasing the latchbolt so the door may be opened without operating the latch itself. The electric strike must be positioned to accommodate offset mortise latches during installation. Please refer to installation instructions or contact factory for more information.
- UL 1034 burglary-resistant listed
- UL 294 (6th Edition) listed
Case: 1" x 3-3/8" x 1-7/8" deep [25.4 mm x 85.7 mm x 47.6 mm].
Strike Opening: Bolt retaining keeper is stainless steel. Strike location must be centered on latchbolt.
- 7160: 3/4" x 1-7/16" x 5/8" deep [19.1 mm x 36.5 mm x 15.9 mm deep].
- 7170: 5/8" x 1-7/16" x 5/8" deep [15.9 mm x 36.5 mm x 15.9 mm deep].
Strike Lip: Basic strike has lip of proper length for 1-3/4" [44.5 mm] thick door that closes flush with jamb edge. Where door thickness or jamb shape differs from this standard relationship, lip extension kits are available, specified by last dash number.
Latchbolt Projection: 3/4" [19.1 mm]
- Available in a variety of architectural finishes.
- 7160: Flat with radius corners7110 - 1-7/16" x 7-15/16"[36.5 mm x201.6 mm] Flat with radius corners
- 7170: Flat with square corners
Standard Package: Individually boxed with mounting screws.
- 7160 includes mounting clips, adhesive shims to accommodate jamb or stile extrusion thickness greater or less than nominal 1/8" [3.2 mm].
- 7170 includes mounting clips and adhesive shims for use when welded tabs are omitted.
Shipping Weight: 2 lbs [0.91 kg].
- 0.33A at 12 VDC
- 1.42A at 12 VAC
- 0.22A at 16 VDC
- 0.63A at 16 VAC
- 0.17A at 24 VDC
- 0.74A at 24 VAC
Voltage: Available in 12, 16, or 24 Volt AC and DC. DC continuous units are silent, AC intermittent units “buzz" on operation.
Fail Safe | Fail Secure: Field selectable at time of installation. However, AC intermittent solenoid must not be used continuously in either.
- Available with two Form ‘C’ monitoring switches to indicate when the latchbolt is engaged in the strike and whether the strike jaw is blocked.
- Lip extension kits for various dimensions of door centerline to jamb edge.
Modular Packaging: Match one strike body kit with one faceplate kit to make a complete electric strike. Faceplate kits contain all hardware to mount electric strike. Please contact factory or sales representative for details.
Product Note: All 3/4" throw latches require 1/8" minimum door gap. Horizontal center line of strike must match line of mortise latchbolt.
Related Products: When purchasing this product, please consider the following related products, available separately:
|Options & Accessories||Power|
Lip Extension Kits, Modular Kits, Monitor Kits
PS-1 Power Supply, 4603 Rectifier, 4605/4606 Transformer, Piezo Horn audible indicator, ElectroLynx connector
- 7160, 7170 Catalog Page
- Electric Strike Overview Brochure
- Installation Instructions & Templates
- Electric Strike Selector Guide
UL CERTIFICATIONS and LISTINGS