7400 SERIES ELECTRIC STRIKES FOR DEADLATCHES
Designed for use with Adams Rite deadlatches or cylindrical locksets with 1/2" [12.7 mm] to 5/8" [15.9 mm] latchbolt projection.
For use in aluminum, hollow metal, or wood applications.
Open electrically under 25 lbs [11.3 kg] of preload. Preload is pressure exerted on doors by air conditioning systems, warping or misaligned hardware which can disable common electric strikes.
This non-handed strike features an ultra-compact design and adjustable stainless steel keepers with over 1,500 lbs [680.4 kg] of holding force in fail secure mode. The strike releases electrically with up to 25 lbs of door preload. Single solenoid operates on 12/16/24 VDC power. Remote electrical control of narrow stile aluminum doors equipped with an Adams Rite 4500, 4700 (discontinued), or 4900 Deadlatch or cylindrical lockset with 1/2" [12.7 mm] to 5/8" [15.9 mm] latchbolt projection. Electrical actuation unlocks the keeper, releasing the latchbolt so the door may be opened without operating the latch itself.
- UL 1034
- UL 294
- ANSI/BHMA A156.18
- ANSI/BHMA A156.31 Electric Strikes and Frame Mounted Actuators, Grade 1
FEATURES and BENEFITS
- 1-13/32" x 3-3/8" x 1-1/16" deep [35.7 mm x 85.7 mm x 27 mm deep]
- Basic 7400 strike has lip of proper length for 1-3/4" [44.5 mm] thick door that closes flush with jamb edge. Where door thickness or jamb shape differs from this standard relationship, lip extension kits are available. Lip extension kits not available on 7401, 7431
- 5/8" adjustable x 1-7/16" x 1/2" deep [15.9 mm adjustable x 36.5 mm x 12.7 mm deep]. Bolt retaining keeper is stainless steel. Strike accepts bolt of Adams Rite 4500, 4700 (discontinued), or 4900 Deadlatch or cylindrical locksets.
- Measures 1-1/4" x 4-7/8" [31.8 mm x 123.8 mm]; flat with square corners
- 7400: 1-1/4" x 4-7/8" [31.8 mm x 123.8 mm] Flat with raidus corners
- 7400 Series Electric Strikes open electrically under 25 lbs [11.3 kg] of preload. Preload is pressure exerted on doors by air conditioning systems, warping or misaligned hardware which can disable common electric strikes. Using jaw inserts of various sizes, the Ultraline 7400 Series electric strikes are adjustable to compensate for door and frame related preload and security problems.
- Large 6-7/8" faceplate is designed to cover strike opening when converting from an MS® pivoted-bolt deadlock to deadlatch.
- Individually boxed with mounting screws, mounting tabs, adhesive shims to accommodate jamb or stile extrusion thickness greater or less than nominal 1/8" [3.2 mm], an adjustable keeper shim pack and two plug-in voltage adapters for 12/24 VDC.
- 2 lbs [0.91 kg].
ELECTRICAL Current Draw
- .44A at 12 VDC
- .46A at 16 VDC*
- .23A at 24 VDC
- Field selectable to match power source of 12/24 VDC. VA7400-16 VDC voltage adapter required when using 16 VDC power, available separately. Equipped with a quick connect plug-in type connector.
*Requires 16 DC adapter (P/N VA7400-16VDC)
Fail Safe | Fail Secure
- Field selectable fail safe/fail secure.
- Available with two Form 'C' monitoring switches to indicate when the latchbolt is engaged in the strike jaws and a locked/unlocked solenoid status.
- Lip extension kits for various dimensions of door centerline to jamb edge; for flat faceplates only.
- Modular Packaging: Match one strike body kit with one faceplate kit to make a complete electric strike. Faceplate kits contain all hardware to mount electric strike. Please contact factory or sales representative for details.
- ELX-ElectroLynx® Adapter: Connects Adams Rite electrified products to ElectroLynx system.
- 16 VDC Adapter: VA7400-16VDC required when using 16 VDC Power
- Wood Door Cover: WDC7400 for use when mounting the 7400 Series Electric Strike on the inactive leaf of a pair of doors. The cover simplifies the mortise prep.
All 3/4" throw latches require 1/8" minimumdoor gap. Horizontal center line of strikemust match line of mortise latchbolt.