Factory Default Attributes
Latch: 13-247: 2-3/4" Backset-with 1-1/8" x 2-1/4" Square Corner Faceplate.
Strike: 10-025: 1-3/16" - Lip ANSI, No Box, 1-1/4" x 4-7/8".
Door thickness: 1-3/4".
Strike lip length: 1-3/16".
Keying (for P6, P and T cylinders): KD:Keyed different.
Keys (for P6, and P cylinders): Two nickel silver cut keys per lock.
ND25x80 - STOREROOM EXIT LOCK
Blank plate outside. Key in fixed inside lever retracts latch. Specify per XN12-005.
SCHLAGE ND SERIES OVERVIEW
The Schlage ND Series offers a full breadth of commercial lock options with a suited combination of mechanical, electrified and electronic options. This overview covers common characteristics for the mechanical and electrified lock information.
Beyond grade 1 performance is the hallmark of the mechanical and electrified locks. ND Series locks are tested to withstand 3,100 in-lb. of abusive lever torque - more than 2 1/2 times the Grade 1 standard requirement. Offset lever pull testing up to 1,600 lbs. assures you of the lock's superb resistance against pry bar attacks. More than strong, ND Series is built to last and shows nearly zero droop or wobble after 16 million cycles.
All ND Series locks including electronic and ligature-resistant trim use the common cylindrical ANSI 161 door preparation making them easily interchangeable. They are ideal for all new construction and retrofit applications.
ND Series Mechanical Lock
- Unparalleled strength - the lock prevents access even when subjected to torque loads up to 3,100 in-lbs (2.6x BHMA1), withstands pry bar attacks of 1,600 lbs (8x BHMA requirements1), and withstands 100 hammer blows (20x BHMA requirements1, 2)
- Exceptional durability - cycle tested to over 16M cycles (16x BHMA requirements1) with near zero droop or wobble - without the use of set screws or O-rings
- Improved feel - improved strength and durability are more than numbers, you can actually feel it in the lock
- Improved installation - installation is even easier than before (and withoutany set screws or O-rings)
Vandlgard™ trim is specifically designed for highly abusive environments. The outside lever rotates freely up and down when locked, limiting the ability of vandals to apply excessive force to the chassis.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Significantly exceeds ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 requirements
- No access with minimum 3,100 in-lb. abusive lever torque, the equivalent of over 690 lbs. applied to the end of a 4-1/2" lever, 2.6 times over the BHMA requirement*
- No access with minimum 1,600 lbs. offset lever pull for protection against pry bar attacks, 8 times over the BHMA requirement*
- 5 points of engagement provide nearly zero droop and wobble after 16 million cycles, 16 times over the BHMA requirement*, without the use of set screws or o-rings
- High security locking when used with Primus XP UL 437 listed cylinders
Function availability and convenience
- 24 mechanical/4 electrified functions (custom functions available)
- Multiple key systems available: open, patented and restricted
- Four electrified functions auto-detect 12/24V DC operation and, with maximum current draws of 0.4 amps and 0.1 amps holding current eliminate heated levers
- Indicator roses for classroom applications
- Three spring cage sets support all Schlage plus eight competitive cylinder formats
- Nine lever and four rose designs
- Ten available finishes
- Perfectly suited to Schlage ALX Series grade 2 locks
- Suites with Von Duprin exit devices and other Schlage products
* Beyond Grade 1 performance for ND Series locks with Schlage cylinders only (Conventional, FSIC & SFIC). Performance with non-Schlage cylinders will exceed BHMA grade 1 requirements, but the product performance may be less than that of Schlage cylinders.
View the ND Series catalog for an in-depth description of all available functions.
- ND91 ANSI F82 Vandlgard™ Entrance/Office Lock
- ND92 ANSI F109 Vandlgard™ Entrance Lock
- ND93 ANSI F88 Vandlgard™ Vestibule Lock
- ND94 ANSI F84 Vandlgard™ Classroom Lock
- ND95 Vandlgard™ Classroom Security Lock
- ND96 ANSI F86 Vandlgard™ Storeroom Lock
- ND97 ANSI F90 Vandlgard™ Corridor Lock
- ND45 Vandlgard™ Time Out Lock
View the ND Series catalog to see all specifications and certifications.
- Tested and certified under ANSI/BHMA A156.2 Series 4000, Grade 1
- UL/cUL listed: All locks 3-hour, A label fire door 4' x 10' single door and 8' x8' pair doors; 90-minute 8' x 10' pair doors with 3/4" latch option
- Meets ADA requirements
- Meets BAA (Buy American Act)
- ANSI/BHMA Certifications: All ND Series comply with A156.2 performance requirements for grade 1 cylindrical locks. Wired electrified complies with A156.25 (indoor), wireless electronic complies with A156.25 (indoor/outdoor) requirements for electrified locking devices.
- ICC Certifications: Complies with ICC A117.1 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities.
- UL/cUL Certifications: All locks 3 hour A label single firedoor 4'0" x 10'0"; pair doors 3 hour firedoor 8'0" x 8'0" with 3⁄4" latch option; pair doors 90 minute fire 8'0" x 10'0" with 3⁄4" latch option.
- CA Fire Code Certifications: All levers with a return to door of 1⁄2" (64 mm) or less comply (Rhodes, Sparta, Tubular, Omega, Longitude, Boardwalk).
- FL Building Code Certifications: Complies with Florida Building Code (ASTM E330, E1886, E1996) and Miami Dade (TAS 201, 202, 203) requirements for hurricanes.
- Federal Certifications: Meets FF-H-106C Series 161.
- Other Certifications: UL294, CSA C22.2 No. 205-M1983, FCC Part 15, IC RSS-210, RoHS.
- ANSI Cycles Tested: 3 million cycles (3x ANSI grade requirement).
- Abusive locked lever torque: Minimum 3,100 inch-pounds without gaining access.
- Offset lever pull: Mminimum 1,600 foot pounds without gaining access.
- Vertical lever impact: Minimum 100 impacts without gaining access.
- Cycle life: Minimum 16 million cycles; 1) with no visible lever sag; 2) without the use of performance aids (i.e. set screws, spacers, etc.).
- Schlage ND Series Catalog
- Schlage ND Series Sell Sheet
- Electrified Schlage ND Series Data Sheet
- Securing Your School - Door Hardware Solutions for Education
- Allegion Connect Data Sheet
- Classroom Upgrade Kits
- ND Series Cylindrical Locks: Beyond Grade 1 [Video | 1:06]
- Schlage Key Systems Cylinders and Keys Catalog
- Schlage Cylinders and Key Blanks Quick Reference Guide
- Schlage ND Series Service Manual (locks manufactured after 1.31.17)
- Schlage ND Series Service Manual (locks manufactured before 1.31.17)