SDC’s HiShear® electromagnetic shear locks are designed, engineered and built in America for openings that require an architecturally superior appearance. Recognized as a cut above alternatives on the market, SDC shear locks provide high security with a failsafe locking mechanism to meet a variety of door opening applications. The patented HiShear® design incorporates a floating armature assembly and special alloy steel locking tabs on both the lock and armature assemblies, that may be adjusted both vertically and laterally to compensate for wide door gaps and warped or misaligned doors. Advanced electronic circuitry incorporates a door alignment relock sensor as well as an automatic sensing dual voltage input. Noise dampeners greatly reduce the noise associated with locking and unlocking when compared to other shear locks on the market.
HiShear® magnetic shear locks are ideal for use on commercial grade hollow metal and wood doors, metal frames and Herculite doors with top rails.
1561S models are surface mounted to the push side of an outswing door.
• Surface mount design
• Floating armature assembly
• Special alloy steel shear tabs
• Auto-sensing dual voltage
• Door alignment relock sensor
• Adjustable lateral and vertical alignment
• Noise dampeners
Model : 1561S Surface Shear Lock, Integrated Electronics, 2000lbs
- UL 10C Positive Pressure Fire Tests of Door Assemblies
- ULC-S104 Standard Method for Fire Tests of Door Assemblies
- ULC-S533 Egress Door Securing and Releasing Devices
- Uniform Building Code Standard 7-2 Fire Test of Door Assemblies (1997)