3327A/3527A SURFACE MOUNTED VERTICAL ROD EXIT DEVICE OVERVIEW
3327A and 3527A for all types of single and double doors, UL listed for panic exit hardware. Devices are ANSI A156.3 – 2008 Grade 1. The 3527A has a smooth mechanism case and the 3327A has grooved case. The surface vertical rod device is non-handed except when the SS (signal switch) option is used.
3327A/3527A fits door stiles as narrow as 1 3/4" (44mm). Newly designed device has a one piece center case cover.
33A/35A SERIES OVERVIEW
The 33/35A Series devices are narrow stile heavy-duty push pads. Architectural design elements differ slightly between the 33A and the 35A.
The 35A Series device has a smooth mechanism case, while the 33A Series has a grooved mechanism case. The 33/35A Series have all been certified to the highest industry standards and are used in schools, hospitals and government buildings.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- The breadth of available options allows for tailoring to any facility’s needs
- Designed for high use and abuse in institutional applications like schools, hospitals and government facilities
- A variety of field-configurable options available
- Retrofit kits available to keep up with changing technology
Specifications and certifications are specific to each configuration. See the 33A/35A Series catalogs for more information.
- ANSI/BHMA A156.3 2014 Grade 1 certified
- ANSI/UL 10C (fire-rated only)
- ANSI/UL 305
- CAN/ULC-S104 (fire-rated only)
The 33A/35A Series offers a solution for all/most single, double and double egress doors. All devices with Fire rated hardware can be identified with "-F" in their name and SKU.
- No suffix: rim devices
- 27: surface-mounted vertical rod
- 47: concealed vertical rod (5/8” bottom bolt)
- 48: concealed vertical rod (1-1/2” bottom bolt)
- 49: concealed vertical cable
- 50WDC: wood door concealed vertical cable
FUNCTIONS & TRIM
A variety of functions and trim options are available, but only the standard options are listed below. Refer to the 33A/35A Series catalog for more information.
- Classroom: the key locks and unlocks the lever or knob
- Dummy: the rigid mechanical trim for pull operation
- Exit only: no outside trim
- Passage: the lever or knob is always active
- Storeroom: the key retracts the latchbolt, the lever or knob is rigid
33A/35A Series popular trims
- 360: lever or thumbpiece trim, 3 standard functions:
- Classroom (L, T)
- Passage (L-BE, T-BE)
- Dummy (L-DT)
- 386: pull trim, 2 standard functions:
- Storeroom (NL)
- Dummy (DT)
- 388: optional pull trim, 1 standard function:
- Storeroom (NL-OP)
LEVERS & FINISHES
The 33A/35A Series offers many choices for levers and finishes. Refer to the 33A/35A Series catalog for more information.
With the 33A/35A Series, devices can be retrofitted to keep up with evolving technology with various retrofit kits. Refer to the 33A/35A Series catalog for more information.
Retrofitting an existing device
- CDSI/HDSI: security dogging indicators provide at-a-glance verification of the panic device status
- QEL: electronic latch retraction with limited operational noise
- Electronic switches: can be used as part of an access control system or in a standalone application
- Request to exit (RX)
- Latchbolt monitoring (LX)
Upgrading to a new device
- AX: an accessible device that is certified to meet the 5 lb. force requirements for the 2010 American Disabilities Act (ADA) (Chapters 404.2.7 and 30934) and 2013 California Building Code (Chapter 11B-309.4)
- CX: CHEXIT meets NFPA and IBC requirements for delayed egress; a standard device keeps doors secure for 15 seconds after a request to exit while a nuisance alarm sounds
From mullions to powers transfers and strikes, the 33A/35A Series offers a range of accessories to meet the evolving needs of any facility. Refer to the 33A/35A Series catalog for more information.
RESOURCES & DOWNLOADS
33A/35A Series Exit Device Catalog
Von Duprin 33/35 Wood Door Templates
Von Duprin 33/35 Wood Door Trims/Controls/Strikes Templates
Von Duprin 33/35 Hollow Metal Door Templates
Von Duprin 33/35 Hollow Metal Door Trims/Controls/Strikes Templates
Von Duprin Concealed Vertical Cable Data Sheet
Von Duprin Full Line Hyperlinks Catalog