33A-F/35A-F RIM FIRE EXIT DEVICE OVERVIEW
33A-F and 35A-F for all types of single and double fire rated doors with mullion, UL listed for Fire Exit Hardware. See page 47 for detailed information on UL listed fire exit hardware label and door opening size information. Devices are ANSI A156.3 – 2014 Grade 1. The 35A has a smooth mechanism case and the 33A has grooved case. The rim device is non-handed except when the SS (signal switch) option is used.
33A/35A fits door stiles as narrow as 1 3/4” (44mm).
33A/35A SERIES OVERVIEW
The 33/35A Series devices are narrow stile heavy-duty push pads. Architectural design elements differ slightly between the 33A and the 35A.
The 35A Series device has a smooth mechanism case, while the 33A Series has a grooved mechanism case. The 33/35A Series have all been certified to the highest industry standards and are used in schools, hospitals and government buildings.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- The breadth of available options allows for tailoring to any facility’s needs
- Designed for high use and abuse in institutional applications like schools, hospitals and government facilities
- A variety of field-configurable options available
- Retrofit kits available to keep up with changing technology
Specifications and certifications are specific to each configuration. See the 33A/35A Series catalogs for more information.
- ANSI/BHMA A156.3 2014 Grade 1 certified
- ANSI/UL 10C (fire-rated only)
- ANSI/UL 305
- CAN/ULC-S104 (fire-rated only)
The 33A/35A Series offers a solution for all/most single, double and double egress doors. All devices with Fire rated hardware can be identified with "-F" in their name and SKU.
- No suffix: rim devices
- 27: surface-mounted vertical rod
- 47: concealed vertical rod (5/8” bottom bolt)
- 48: concealed vertical rod (1-1/2” bottom bolt)
- 49: concealed vertical cable
- 50WDC: wood door concealed vertical cable
FUNCTIONS & TRIM
A variety of functions and trim options are available, but only the standard options are listed below. Refer to the 33A/35A Series catalog for more information.
- Classroom: the key locks and unlocks the lever or knob
- Dummy: the rigid mechanical trim for pull operation
- Exit only: no outside trim
- Passage: the lever or knob is always active
- Storeroom: the key retracts the latchbolt, the lever or knob is rigid
33A/35A Series popular trims
- 360: lever or thumbpiece trim, 3 standard functions:
- Classroom (L, T)
- Passage (L-BE, T-BE)
- Dummy (L-DT)
- 386: pull trim, 2 standard functions:
- Storeroom (NL)
- Dummy (DT)
- 388: optional pull trim, 1 standard function:
- Storeroom (NL-OP)
LEVERS & FINISHES
The 33A/35A Series offers many choices for levers and finishes. Refer to the 33A/35A Series catalog for more information.
With the 33A/35A Series, devices can be retrofitted to keep up with evolving technology with various retrofit kits. Refer to the 33A/35A Series catalog for more information.
Retrofitting an existing device
- CDSI/HDSI: security dogging indicators provide at-a-glance verification of the panic device status
- QEL: electronic latch retraction with limited operational noise
- Electronic switches: can be used as part of an access control system or in a standalone application
- Request to exit (RX)
- Latchbolt monitoring (LX)
Upgrading to a new device
- AX: an accessible device that is certified to meet the 5 lb. force requirements for the 2010 American Disabilities Act (ADA) (Chapters 404.2.7 and 30934) and 2013 California Building Code (Chapter 11B-309.4)
- CX: CHEXIT meets NFPA and IBC requirements for delayed egress; a standard device keeps doors secure for 15 seconds after a request to exit while a nuisance alarm sounds
From mullions to powers transfers and strikes, the 33A/35A Series offers a range of accessories to meet the evolving needs of any facility. Refer to the 33A/35A Series catalog for more information.
RESOURCES & DOWNLOADS