5547WDC WOOD DOOR CONCEALED VERTICAL CABLE EXIT DEVICE OVERVIEW
5547WDC Concealed vertical rod devices for use on single or double wood doors. Fits door stiles as narrow as 4" (102 mm).
The 55 and 88 Series are exit device crossbars with a classic design. The 55 and 88 Series have the same functionality with different dimensions and design elements; the 55 Series is a narrow stile device and the 88 Series is a wide stile device. The 55 Series is commonly used in retro-inspired architecture and historical buildings. The 88 Series is a standard device for applications where a crossbar is preferred. Both series are ANSI/BHMA A156.3, 2008 Grade 1 certified and UL rated.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Several surface-mounted vertical applications
- Several rim applications
- Available in 3’ and 4’ lengths that are field sizeable for single and double door applications
The 55 and 88 Series certifications and specifications are specific to each configuration. See the 55 and 88 Series catalogs for more details.
- ANSI/BHMA A156.3, 2008 Grade 1 certified
- ANSI/UL 10C (fire rated only)
- ANSI/UL 305
- CAN/ULC-S104 (fire rated only)
All 55 and 88 Series devices can be ordered as being fire rated by adding “–F” as a suffix.
- 27: surface-mounted vertical rods
- 47: concealed vertical rods
- 75: mortise locks
Many trims and configurations are available for the 55 and 88 Series. See the 55 and 88 Series catalogs for a complete list.
- Classroom: the key locks and unlocks the lever or knob
- Dummy: the rigid mechanical trim for pull operation
- Exit only: no outside trim
- Passage: the lever or knob is always active
- Storeroom: the key retracts the latchbolt and the lever or knob is rigid
- 990: for pull trim, 5 functions come standard:
- Classroom (TP)
- Storeroom (NL)
- Dummy trim (DT)
- Passage (TP-BE)
- Exit only (EO)
LEVERS & FINISHES
There is a wide variety of levers and finishes available. Refer to the 55 and 88 Series catalogs for complete information.
The 55 and 88 Series can be customized with several mechanical, electronic and finish options to meet any facility needs.
- E8875: allows the device to pair with an access control system, fire alarm system or remote switching station
- RX: a switch is placed in the exit device to monitor an opening; when the push bar is depressed, a signal is sent to a monitoring device
- KN: knurling on crossbars provide a tactile warning to indicate doors that lead to hazardous areas; ex: stairs, loading platforms, boiler rooms, etc.
From mullions to power transfers and strikes, the 55 and 88 Series offer many accessories to meet evolving needs of any facility. Refer to the 55 and 88 Series catalogs for a complete list.
RESOURCES & DOWNLOADS