4530 STANDARD DUTY DEADLATCH
4530 Standard Duty Deadlatches provide flexible traffic control during and after business hours. Designed to retrofit into the prep of older MS1850 Deadlocks and discontinued 4250 Deadlatches.
The 4530 Standard Duty Deadlatch offers flexibility of traffic control during and after business hours. A reverse turn of the key while the bolt is held retracted retains thebolt to allow two-way traffic for healthcare, financial institutions, retail, and other applications that require free entrance at certain times and exit-only at other times. 4530 Deadlatches are designed to fit without alteration, the stile cutout for older MS1850 Series Deadlocks and discontinued 4250 Deadlatches of same backset.
Turn key or operate handle to retract spring-loaded Latchbolt. To hold bolt retracted, push it in and secure by reverse turn of key. Lock accepts any standard 1" [25.4 mm] length, 1-5/32" [29.4 mm] diameter mortise cylinder with MS® cam such as the 4036 Mortise Cylinder or thumbturn such as the 4066 Thumbturn, available separately. Lock accepts cylinder from either or both sides.
- 7/8" [22.2 mm]
- 31/32" [24.6 mm]
- 1-1/8"[28.6 mm]
- Steel with corrosion-resistant plating. Measures 1" x 5-13/16" x depth [25.4 mmx 147.6 mm x depth]. Depth varies by backset.
- While bolt is held fully retracted, a reverse turn of the key retains the bolt, allowing the door to be free swinging.
- All metal with hardened steel internal pins. Handing is reversible without special tools. Measures 1/2" x 1" x 1/2"[12.7 mm x 25.4 mm x 12.7 mm] throw.
- All metal. Deadlocks latchbolt to prevent “loiding” or case-knife entry.
- Measures 1-1/4" x 7-13/32"[31.8 mm x 188.1 mm]
- Standard strike furnished is 4901-01 for flat jamb.
- Individually boxed with strike and mounting screws. Cylinder, paddle, handle available separately.
- 1-1/4 lbs [0.57 kg]
- Backset, faceplate shape, strike, handing, and finish must be specified when ordering.
- Available without faceplate or strike plate, select 4533.
- Available in choice of 313 Dark bronze anodized, 335 Black anodized, 628 Clear anodized.
4510-4530 Installation Instructions & Templates
4510-4530 Rehanding Instructions