M450/452 ELECTROMAGNETICK LOCKS FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- 1000 lb. hold force rating for high security applications;
- “Plus” models offer magnetic bond sensor (MBS), adjustable relock time delay (RTD) and door position switch (DPS);
- Automatic voltage selection (AVS);
- Symmetrical design with field-selectable handing for optimum placement;
- Bayonet mount simplifies installation by eliminating the need to hold lock overhead while securing;
- Armature mount pivot feature compensates for slight opening imperfections;
- Optional mounting kits available for top jamb mount, double door and HERCULITE® brand glass doors;
- Aluminum housing in 628 satin finish;
- ANSI/BHMA 156.23 Grade 1, UL 1034, UL 10C, UL 294, cUL, CFSM certifications;
- Limited lifetime warranty on magnetic coil assembly.
SCHLAGE M400 SERIES OVERVIEW
M400 Series electromagnetic locks or “mag locks” are used as part of an electronic security solution usually combined with push bars, request-to-exit devices and credential readers. They are an easy-to-install alternative to electric strike or electric lock products with a bayonet mounting design that eliminates the need to hold the lock overhead while securing.
M400 Series models are designed specifically with the customer in mind to be robust and easy to configure. Sixteen models cover a full range of needs with 500, 1000, 1300 and 1500 lb. hold force options in single and double configurations, with and without delayed egress. The additional "Plus" models in all configurations add intelligent sensing and reporting features needed for integration with access control systems.
All Schlage electromagnetic locks come with a limited lifetime warranty on the magnetic coil assembly for added confidence in the longevity of these robust products.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Traffic control: 500 lb. rated hold force;
- High security: 1000 lb. rated hold force;
- Maximum security: 1500 lb. rated hold force;
- Delayed egress models in 1300 lb. rated hold force;
- Fail-safe operation on single or double doors;
- Top jamb and compatible with HERCULITE® brand glass doors.
- Automatic voltage selection (AVS) for 12 and 24 VDC;
- Bayonet design eliminates need to hold magnet overhead while mounting bracket is installed;
- Symmetrical design speeds in-field handing;
- Armature mount pivot feature compensates for slight opening imperfections for a better bond.
Delayed egress models
- Plunger switch and external switch input;
- Authorized release input;
- On-board audible alarm and bi-color LED;
- Fire alarm terminals.
“Plus” model integration
- Connect to most access control system;
- Includes magnetic bond sensor (MBS), adjustable relock time delay, and door position switch;
- Optional ATS/LED combines anti-tamper switch (with reporting capability) and with an LED visual status indicator of the magnetic bond at the lock.
- UL10C listed for positive pressure fire tests of door assemblies: 3 hour;
- UL1034 burglary-resistant electronic locking mechanisms;
- UL294 listed for access control system;
- ANSI/BHMA A156.23 Grade 1;
Delayed egress models
- UL 10C listed for positive pressure fire tests of door assemblies: 3 hour ;
- UL special locking arrangements;
- Meets NFPA 101 life safety code;
- ANSI/BHMA 156.24;
- UL294 listed for access control system.
- Plus featured models are designated with a "P" and include magnetic bond sensor (MBS), relocking time delay (RTD) and door position switch (DPS);
- Delayed egress models are designated by "DE" and are factory configured with a 30-second delay;
- Plus model also orderable in BOCA compliant, 15-second delay;
- Single door models convert to double with optional bracket.
- M420 and M420P with 500 lb. hold force;
- M450 and M450P with 1000 lb. hold force;
- M490, M490P with 1500 lb. hold force;
- M490DE, and M490DEP with 1300 lb. hold force.
- M422 and M422P with 500 lb. per leaf hold force;
- M452 and M452P with 1000 lb. per leaf hold force;
- M492, M492P with 1500 lb. per leaf hold force;
- M490DE-2, and M490DEP-2 with 1300 lb. per leaf hold force.
- Input voltage: auto selected 12/24 VDC.
- 0° to 49°C (32° to 120° F).
- Aluminum housing in BHMA 628 satin finish.
DOWNLOADS & RESOURCES