Medeco Intelligent Key Cabinet (IKC)
The Intelligent Key Cabinet is a complete, electronically-controlled, key management solution that can secure, distribute and audit the use of XT Keys, mechanical keys, or other assets. Only authorized users can gain access to the cabinet via the included biometric fingerprint reader or PIN code pad, or a combination of both. An optional access card reader is also available. IKC is available in configurations to store mechanical keys, XT electronic keys or a combination of both. As an essential addition to any Medeco XT Intelligent Key system, it locks XT keys in place and keeps them charged and ready for use. The IKC can improve employee efficiency and increase accountability which translates into a more secure facility with lower operating costs.
Mechanical iFob Configuration
The Mechanical iFob Configuration meets the security needs of any industry or application by securely storing and tracking mechanical keys, CLIQ keys and other assets. The Mechanical iFob Configuration uses exclusive iFob tracking technology to enhance accountability, analytics, and asset control for mechanical keys and other assets.
The iFob is a nickel-plated brass device with a unique electronic ID. When it is secured to a key or other assets it enables identification by administration software, and all its activity is recorded.
- Customizable groups allow for controlled access.
- Unauthorized key removal triggers notifications.
- Easy-to-use web-interface shows what keys are in, what keys are out, and to whom they are issued.
- Complete reporting reduces lost keys.
- Multi-system networking.
- Authorized administrators can access the system from any PC-based web browser.
An essential element of the Medeco XT ecosystem, the IKC XT Configuration seamlessly integrates the benefits of the Medeco XT key system and software while securely storing and charging XT keys. Medeco XT adds security, regulatory compliance, and accountability to virtually every opening in a fast, efficient way.
The IKC maintains records of key removals and returns. The IKC integration with XT Web Manager software provides complete tracking, audit accountability, and electronic access scheduling. This powerful integration allows you to see exactly who removed keys, when keys were removed, which openings were accessed and when, and when the keys were returned. Custom programming of user access rights in the XT software enhances security and simplifies key control by assigning users a single Intelligent Key that gives them access to all the locks they need to open.
- IKC reads XT key serial numbers, enabling identification of the key being taken/returned.
- Audit records show exactly which key was taken, who took it, what openings were accessed, and when the key was returned.
- Built-in XT IPD programmer allows keys to be left unprogrammed until needed
- User carries one Intelligent Key that gives them access to all the locks they need to open
Fully integrated with XT Software
- The integration creates a direct connection between the IKC and the XT web manager software
- Single user database with XT web
- Built-in XT programmer at the cabinet
- Keys are stored unprogrammed until user authenticates and syncs with XT schedule.
- Local or Medeco-hosted software options
- Charges and secures XT keys
- Upon key return, audit data is retrieved and the key is deprogrammed