For Large Item, additional shipping charges may apply.
Large Item is considered any product greater than 92".
- Edge guard;
- May be difficult to install on inside walls;
- 1/4" diameter pin with nylon self-lubricating, medical grade split bearing;
- For doors weighing up to 300 pounds without reinforcing. 600 pounds with reinforcing;
- 48" Maximum door width;
- Non-handed, handing required for custom cut lengths;
- Square edge door.
- Standard length: 83", 85", 95", 120";
- Standard mounting hardware:
10 x 1/2" Self drilling, self tapping screws.
10 X 1" Wood screws.
- HT - Hospital tip.
Optional mounting hardware:
- SECHM - Security screws - hollow metal door and frame;
- SECWDHM - Security screws - 1/2 wood, 1/2 hollow metal;
- SECWDWD - Security screws - wood door and frame;
- WD - Wood door and frame.
IVES PIN AND BARREL CONTINUOUS HINGES OVERVIEW
Steel pin and barrel continuous hinges share many of the same characteristics of a traditional hinge. Both have a center pin and rolled knuckles, but a steel pin and barrel continuous hinge stretches along the entire length of the frame.
The unique design distributes the weight of the door along the entire length of the frame, reducing the high amount of stress normally associated at top of door and frame on butt hinge applications. Not only does this reduce hinge failure, it also keeps the door in constant alignment, eliminating door sag. These characteristics make continuous hinges suitable for high-use and high-traffic doors.
The design of a continuous hinge eliminates the gap between the door and the frame. The absence of gap also helps prevents fingers from being pinched, making it a safer device than traditional hinges. These benefits result in higher efficiency and less maintenance, maximizing the value of any opening investment. Ives offers both stainless steel and primed steel to best match specific applications.
In accordance with California PROP65 -
WARNING: Cancer & Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Come standard with nylon self-lubricating, medical grade split bearing
- Non-handed for custom cut lengths
- Standard Series
- The standard series pin and barrel continuous hinges features twin self lubricated nylon bearings with a stainless steel pin.
- CS Series
- The CS Series is a heavy duty, easy-to-install, stainless steel pin and barrel continuous hinge that can be used for fire applications and is highly suitable for after-market or new construction situations. The patented covers hide the unsightly pin and barrel of the standard pin and barrel hinges, giving the CS Series continuous hinge a stylish appearance to accompany heavy duty performance.
- The CS Series includes medical grade, patented nylon winged bearings. They also include the XY adjustability feature which allows for better door alignment during installation.
Exceeds industry standards
- Tested and approved to be UL 10C (3hr)
- Certified to ANSI 156.26, Grade 1
- Limited lifetime warranty
DESIGNS & FEATURES
For a complete list of model numbers and model number specifications please reference the Ives full line catalog.
- Full Mortise: hinge is mounted on the door stile’s side and the inside of the frame side jamb, so only the pin and barrel is visible when the door is closed. Offering includes the following models: 600, 700, 700CS
- Full Mortise – Full Wrap: hinge is mounted on the door stile’s side, completely wrapping around it, and the inside of the frame side jamb. Only the pin, barrel and a small portion of the hinge is visible when the door is closed. Offering includes the following models: 705
- Full mortise – half wrap: hinge is mounted on the door stile’s side, wrapping half way around it, and the inside of the frame side jamb. Only the pin and barrel and a small portion of the hinge is visible when the door is closed. Offering includes the following models: 715, 715CS
- Full surface: hinge is mounted on the door stile’s face and the frame side jamb face, so the entire hinge is visible when the door is closed. The pin and barrel section is located where the door stile and frame side jamb meet. Offering includes the following models: 602, 702
- Swing clear: hinge is mounted on the door stile’s side and the frame side jamb face so the entire hinge is visible when the door is closed; the pin and barrel portion is located over the side jamb. Offering includes the following models: 611, 711, 711CS
- 600 Series available in 600 (USP) grey primer paint
- 700 Series available in 630 (US32D) satin stainless steel
- CS Series available in a wide variety of finishes to match your other door hardware. See catalog for a list of available finishes.
- Custom finishes are also available; consult the factory
Ives geared continuous hinges can be furnished with the following options:
- Electric power transfer prep (EPT)*
- Through wire panel (TWP); available only in CS Series hinges*
- Electric through wire (TW8)*
- Hospital tips
- Security fasteners – torx
- Wood fasteners
* Full mortise models only
DOWNLOADS & RESOURCES