Factory Default Attributes
Style: Same lever, rose and finish for both sides of the door with coordinating latch and strike.
Latch: ANSI/BHMA Certified A156.13-2012, Series 1000, Grade 1 Operational,
Grade 1 Security, UL Listed for 3-hour fire door (except L9076 and L9077).
With FSIC Interchangeable Core Cylinders: Grade 1 Operational, Grade 2 Security.
With SFIC Interchangeable Core Cylinders: Grade 1 Operational, Grade 3 Security.
Case Size: 4-7/16" x 6-1/16" x 1";
Armor Front: 1-1/4" x 8";
Strike: 1-1/4" x 4-7/8" Square corner, 1-3/16" lip, box;
Door Thickness: 1-3/4".
L9457 - CLASSROOM SECURITY ROOM MORTISE LOCK
- Latchbolt retracted by lever/knob from either side;
- Deadbolt actuated by either key;
- Throwing deadbolt locks outside lever/knob;
- Actuating inside lever/knob retracts both deadbolt and latchbolt and unlocks outside lever;
- Inside lever always free for immediate egress.
SCHLAGE L SERIES OVERVIEW
The Schlage L Series has long been the benchmark for mortise locks. The L Series is more than strength and security – it offers tremendous flexibility to allow it to meet the needs of most every application. Over 55 functions, 35 lever and knob designs, eight different roses and escutcheons, and a multitude of prep options are just the beginning.
180 degree visibility indicators, advanced motor-driven electrified functions, a universal lock case that supports 10 different functions, and the ability to suite across tubular, exit device, and multipoint locks allow the Schlage L Series to integrate seamlessly into any environment.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Exceeds ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 Security and Operational standards
- Deadbolt functions include anti-saw pin in bolt to prevent cut-through
- Security blocking hub prevents lock picking by removing levers
Function availability and compatibility
- 55+ standard functions (custom functions are also available)
- Universal lock case allows 10 functions to be created from a single lock body
- Electrified locks auto detect 12V/24V DC, have customer-selectable EL/EU, and offer advanced features like: RX, DPS, latchbolt monitor and deadbolt monitor for application flexibility while offering leading energy efficiency
- 14 finishes
- 33 lever, two knob, five rose and three escutcheon designs
- Locking lever bushing eliminates exposed screws on inside levers
- All levers suite with Von Duprin exit devices, along with related L Series products LE, LM9200, LM9300 and LT
- Exclusive 180° visibility indicator
- Vandlgard® free-wheeling outside trim option is available on most functions, including electrified
- Expansive options portfolio, including different door thickness, finish/trim combinations, tactile warning, anti-microbial coatings, etc.
- New Gold Standard ligature resistant trim for behavioral health applications
AVAILABLE L SERIES FUNCTIONS
View the Schlage L Series catalog for descriptions of all available functions.
CERTIFICATIONS & TESTING
View the Schlage L Series catalog to see all specifications and certifications.
- Meets BAA (Buy American Act)
- L9000: tested and certified under ANSI/BHMA A156.13, Grade 1 Security and Operational
- UL listed for 3-hour fire door (except L9076 and L9077)
- With interchangeable core cylinders: Grade 2 security
- With concealed shell cylinder: A156.13 Grade 1 operational and security
- ANSI/ASTM F476-76 Grade 40, UL listed
- L400: tested and certified under ANSI/BHMA A156.36 Grade 1
- California Referenced Standards Code: all levers with a return to door of 1/2" (64 mm) or less comply
- UL/cUL listed for A label single doors, 4' x 10' and pairs 8' x 10'; letter F and UL symbol on latch front indicate listing
- Electrified functions are UL19X listed for single-point locking applications
- UL437 listed locking cylinder optional: specify Primus 20-500 Series cylinder
- Miami-Dade NOA's and Florida Building Commission Listings
- Meet ADA requirements
DOWNLOADS & RESOURCES
- Schlage L Series Catalog
- Schlage L Series Electrified Data Sheet
- NEW! Schlage HSLR High Risk Ligature Resistant Trim Data Sheet
- Schlage SL1/SK1 Ligature Resistant Trim Data Sheet
- Schlage L Series 180 Indicator Data Sheet
- Schlage M Collection Levers Data Sheet
- Decorative Levers Brochure
- Securing Your School - Door Hardware Solutions for Education
- Allegion Connect Data Sheet
- Classroom Upgrade Kits
- Case study: Ligature resistant hardware